Crude oil futures are likely to witness some gains in the near term following Qatar’s withdrawal from the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (Opec) in January 2019. However, analysts say the impact on prices will remain muted as the country is a small producer in the cartel. Qatar’s Energy Minister Saad al-Kaabi told a […]
Bringing relief to thermal power plants owned by Tata, Adani and Essar groups, the Gujarat government Saturday passed an order to allow pass-through of higher cost of coal to end consumers, a source said. The Supreme Court had earlier ruled against any compensatory tariff for Tata Power, Adani Power (4600MW Mundra) and Essar Power (1320MW […]
A Delhi court on Monday said it would pronounce on December 5 its order on the sentencing of former coal secretary H C Gupta and five others convicted for irregularities in the allotment of coal blocks to a private firm in West Bengal. Special Judge Bharat Parashar concluded hearing on arguments on the quantum of […]
More than 4,000 people in 24 remote villages in Arunachal Pradesh’s Lower Siang district would get a proper road connectivity for the first time within a few months, an organisation which is spearheading the campaign for the construction of the road claimed Monday. The residents of 24 notified villages in remote Kangku circle of the […]
Oil prices soared on Monday after Russia and Saudi Arabia renewed a pact to cap output, while the US agreed to halt raising tariffs on Chinese imports, stalling a trade row that many feared could hit demand for the commodity. Russian President Vladimir Putin said Saturday he and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman “have agreed […]
The imported-coal-based thermal power units in Gujarat are delighted at the prospects of long-pending power tariff hike. However, the regulatory route continues to remain challenging. Following the directive of a Supreme Court order last month, the Gujarat government has asked its power distribution companies (discoms) to move the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) and seek […]
A senior government official Monday said the Centre has received “substantial” interest for Pawan Hans stake sale and plans for Air India disinvestment also continues. The government owns 51 per cent in Pawan Hans, which has a fleet of 46 choppers. The remaining 49 per cent is with state-run ONGC If the sale goes through, […]
The Government expects to mop up about Rs 9,000 crore by selling off land and real estate properties of debt laden Air India, an official said Monday. The sale of land, building and other realty assets is part of the government’s plan to trim the Rs 55,000 crore debt burden of Air India as this […]
As an airline that can trace its origins back to the beginnings of civil aviation — in the pioneering days following World War I — British Airways (BA) can claim its spot to aviation fame.
Qatar is withdrawing from the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) as of January 2019, Saad al-Kaabi, the country’s Energy Minister said on Monday, December 3, 2018.
Domestic cooking gas (LPG) price on Friday was cut by ₹6.52 per cylinder on account of tax impact on the reduced market rate for the fuel.
The Air Forces of India and the U.S. will begin a 12-day military exercise in Kalaikunda and Panagarh air bases in West Bengal from Monday with an aim to enhance operational coordination, officials said.